The UBC Pharmacists Clinic is a site for learners (undergraduate, graduate and practising pharmacists) to grow and gain experience.
Learners develop and master foundational skills and competencies, participate in patient care and inter-professional education, take on project work, assist with clinic operations and contribute to practice research.
Rotation students and residents find their time at the Clinic to be rigorous and challenging. They grow and develop as pharmacists with the support and mentorship of clinicians at the Clinic.
Learning and Skill Development Opportunities
Academic and skill development opportunities are available to student pharmacists in the Entry-to-Practice PharmD program and graduate pharmacists in other selected programs.
We are an experiential education site for the following rotations in the UBC PHRM 473 course:
- Direct Patient Care: 8 week rotation in primary care practice
- Non-Direct Patient Care: 4 week rotations focused on projects, leadership, or health promotion
We offer research opportunities through the UBC PHRM 453 course:
- Directed Studies
- To see some examples of past student projects, click here
We include learners as volunteers working alongside us in patient care activities:
- Wellness and Preventive Health Programs
- Traveling Health Fair Events
- Immunization Events
To learn more about volunteering, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.